Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Final Four Picks


March madness is here, and the fun starts this Thursday. Personally, I don't understand what all the excitement is about. It's not like you're out at the park chasing squirrels up trees. You're sitting in front of a TV for hours on end drinking beer, when you could be doing something constructive like taking me for a walk. Dad seems to enjoy it, so I'll just go along with the program. He's pretty good to me after all.

Being the good canine companion that I am, I helped dad with his picks last night. There are a lot of teams to choose from before you get down to four, and it's not as easy as it looks. I kept smudging up the screen on Dad's laptop, trying to convince him to go with Connecticut (the Huskies of course) all the way. Do you think he took my advice? Of course not! Mr. College Basketball Fan has my Huskies losing to Memphis in the Elite 8 round. He has Kansas, Memphis, Pittsburgh and North Carolina in the Final Four, with Memphis taking the championship from Pitt in the finals. It looks like his losing streak in picking Final Four teams is going to continue uncontested. The only way Memphis is going to beat Connecticut is if they field a team of hungry Pit Bulls.

I think I'll make my dad a bet that if my Huskies go all the way, he'll have to play football with me in the rain and mud. Now that sounds like fun.

P.S.

To all my Irish Setter and Irish Wolfhound friends out there, Happy St. Paddy's Day! Enjoy a Guinness on me (but please drink responsibly). Slante!

No comments: