Monday, March 16, 2009

NCAA Men's Basketball Tournament

Well, it's that time again friends. Later today I'm going to help my dad with his picks for the Final Four. I'm not too familiar with all the teams and how good they are, but I do enjoy putting my nose prints all over the brackets. My dad doesn't often take my advice, which is probably why he rarely gets a team into the Final Four selection. I'm liking the Huskies this year, although I guess I like the Huskies every year, come to think of it. If they play basketball the way I play catch, then there's no way they can lose because once they have possession of the ball, they'll never give it back. If I were the coach, I would tell the team just to grab the ball at the first chance, puncture a hole in it, and let the other guys try to tear it out of your jaws. That's the way I would do it.

College basketball is more my dad's thing than mine. Truthfully, my favorite sport is football. My favorite position is wide retriever because I love going out for passes when my dad throws the ball. He's pretty patient with me, especially because I'll catch the ball, but won't give it back too easily. Besides, I usually tire out his arm and shoulder long before I ever get tired. My mom thinks I'm obsessed with my football. I don't know where she came up with that idea. I wouldn't call it an obsession as much as an acute attraction. What does a human know about balls anyway? They will never experience the shear pleasure of gnawing on a saliva soaked ball covered with dirt. It doesn't get any better than that.
Thanks for visiting. I'll let you know my dad's picks for the Final Four as soon as we figure it out.

No comments: